The main difference between Heart and Mind is that the Heart is an organ that circulates the blood in our body, whereas the Mind is an organ related to the analysis and computation of our thoughts.
Heart vs. Mind
The heart is interconnected with our emotional sentiments, whereas the mind is interconnected with rational thinking. The primary function of the heart in biotic terms is the cleansing and circulation of blood all over the body. In contrast, the primary function of the brain or mind is cognitive and rational reasoning.
The heart works with passionate sentiments such as adoration, compassion, affection, and empathy, etc. on the other hand, the mind works with capacities, like logic, rationality, schooling, awareness, commemoration, and judgment, etc. The heart is an organ present between our lungs, whereas the mind or brain or mind is an organ present inside our head.
The heart is related to the activity of feeling self by using perception, emotional touch, or wheeze to arrive at comprehensions about people, occasions, philosophies, coordination, and life. On the flip side, the mind is related to the activity of thinking self by the use of logic and cognitive reasoning to arrive at insights and opinions about people, events, organizations, theories, and life.
The heart is an example of emotional thinking, whereas the mind is an example of logical thinking. The heart controls our feelings and emotions, while mind refers to an entity that allows us to think and help us in making logical and rational decisions.
The heart is preferred when decisions are taken about human relationships. On the contrary, the mind is preferred for taking decisions that are right for us as a member of society.
What is Heart?
The heart is a well-developed organ, which pushes blood throughout the body through the circulatory system. In humans, the heart is situated between both lungs in the midsection of the torso. The heart is divided into four chambers, upper left and right chambers are called atria, whereas lower left and right are called ventricles.
The right atrium and ventricle are collectively called the right heart, whereas the left atrium and ventricle are collectively called the left heart. The heart is protected in a fluid-filled sac called pericardium that prevents over throbbing of the heart.
In a heart, blood flows in the heart with the help of valves, which avert the backflow of the blood. The walls of the heart are composed of three coatings named epicardium, endocardium, and myocardium. The heart receives blood having low oxygen concentration from systemic circulation and gives blood with high oxygen concentration through the pulmonary circulation.
The heart beats at a rate of 72 beats per minute. The heart beats one million times in an average life. In metaphorical terms, the heart is allied to emotions and sentiments. For a person in love, his heart controls his mind. The heart governs all the feelings and never stops pumping.
The heart is the core of your divine and expressive self. Many times, the decisions made by the heart are proved much better than decisions made by the mind. A communal saying is, “a good heart is superior to all the skulls in the world.”
What is Mind?
The mind is defined as a collection of thoughtful aptitudes, including perceptive categories like awareness, fantasy, perception, discerning, judgment, semantic, and conscience, etc. It also comprises non-cognitive features, such as sentiments. In biological terms, the mind is set somewhere in part in the brain.
The mind is exclusive in humans, which means the most modified and specialized form of mind is present in humans. Mind empowers a person to have individual awareness and level-headedness toward his surroundings. Mind enables a human being to perceive and respond to stimuli, to have consciousness, and to think and feel rationally.
The mind is used to solve daily life problems or any physical problem that needs logical thinking. Our mind tells us what is right and what is wrong. It helps us in making decisions that are suitable for us.
The mind is considered as the faculty of an entity’s thoughts and consciousness. Brain, including the mind, is the central unit of our body, which is responsible for proper management of all the bodily systems. It generates the most appropriate responses to our physical and emotional reactions with the help of millions of neurons and nerve fibers working in collaboration.
Our mind has many advanced functions, including storing data in the form of memory, generating new data in the form of imaginations and perceptions, creating connections with the existing principles, learning a new thing, acting upon the learned behaviors efficiently, and maintaining the proper function of all other systems by generating most proper reactions.
- The heart is an organ responsible for purification and circulation of blood in the whole body, whereas the mind is an organ responsible for cognitive thinking and rational reasoning.
- The heart is located between our lungs, while the mind is located inside our head.
- The heart is related to emotional thinking. On the flip side, the mind is related to logical thinking.
- The heart controls the mind when a person is in love, whereas the mind controls the heart in all other activities of life.
- The heart is associated with emotional feelings and sentiments like kindness, affection, care, love, and sympathy, etc. On the flip side, the mind is linked with dimensions like sensibleness, sagacity, instruction, information, reminiscence, and judgment, etc.
- The heart controls our feelings, whereas the mind controls our thought process.
- The heart is mostly illogical, always following the desires and cravings without analyzing the consequences. On the other hand, the mind follows the logical ideas, not neglecting the consequences of a single action.
- The heart is considered animalistic sometimes, whereas the mind is more like a human in thinking wisely.
- The heart controls feelings, whereas the mind controls thoughts.
- The heart is considered a simple entity that does not concern about any other thing except a person’s wish. On the contrary, the mind is a complex intertwined entity that focuses on every aspect before making a decision.
- The heart is involuntary in action that is not under our conscious control. On the flip side, the mind is voluntary in action and is under our conscious control.
- Heart tells us what to do to satisfy your inner self. On the contrary, the mind tells us what to do as a responsible member of society.
The heart is a physical entity related to emotional sentiments, whereas the mind is a non-physical entity related to rational thinking, logical reasoning, and cognitive analysis.