The main difference between Diet Pepsi and Pepsi Max is that Diet Pepsi is a carbonated drink that claims zero-calorie, whereas Pepsi Max is a carbonated drink that claims low calories.
Diet Pepsi vs. Pepsi Max
Diet Pepsi claims zero calories and no carbohydrates. Pepsi Max claims no sugar and low calorie. America launched Diet Pepsi in 1964. Canada, along with other countries, introduced Pepsi Max in 1993.
In diet Pepsi, aspartame is used as a sweetening agent. The formulation of Pepsi Max includes a mixture of aspartame and acesulfame potassium, which impart a sweet taste to the drink. The caffeine content is higher in Diet Pepsi, and less in Pepsi Max. Diet Pepsi has higher aspartame in its formulation, whereas the aspartame content is less in the Pepsi Max.
Diet Pepsi has many variants like a lime twist and a lemon twist. The variants of Pepsi Max include lime, lemon, ginger, and vanilla.
What is Diet Pepsi?
Diet Pepsi is a variant of Pepsi introduced in December 1964. PepsiCo manufacture this Pepsi. Its first market name was Patio Diet Cola, which was re-named as Diet Pepsi. Diet Pepsi is a no-calorie carbonated drink first distributed in America. The other branch was launched in Canada in 1983. Since it was distributed to other countries by the name of Pepsi Light, its strong competitor was Diet Coke; the Coca-Cola company introduced this carbonated drink in 1982. In 2012, Diet Pepsi replaced its sweetener and shifted to sucralose, soon the company agreed to aspartame blend formula.
Diet Pepsi is named as zero or low-calorie beverage while it consists of several ingredients. Its composition includes caramel color, aspartame, carbonated water, phosphoric acid, caffeine, natural flavor, citric acid, and potassium benzoate. In Canada, the ingredients are slightly different. The Diet Pepsi includes saccharin as a sweetener in initial formulations. Later it was replaced with aspartame. However, the consumption of aspartame leads to tumors in the brain. A detailed review suggests that aspartame is safe for consumption.
Diet Pepsi is not beneficial for human health as it leads to many chronic health conditions. It is associated with obesity in a sedentary lifestyle. Diet Pepsi causes heart issues like a heart attack or hypertension. Overconsumption can cause metabolic diseases like diabetes and obesity. Diet Pepsi has a direct relation to brain disorders that can lead to dementia and stroke. The unbalanced use of Diet Pepsi can affect the liver, causing nonalcoholic fatty liver disease.
What is Pepsi Max?
Pepsi Max is an alternative drink of Pepsi and diet Pepsi. PepsiCo manufactures Pepsi Max. Pepsi Max is a low sugar low-calorie carbonated drink. The foundation countries of Pepsi Max include the United Kingdom, Italy, Australia, and turkey. Pepsi Max debuted in 1993 and sold to about twenty countries. The ratio of countries doubled by the end of 1996. However, the product remained unavailable in America until 2006.
The Food and Drug Administration does not approve its one ingredient, acesulfame potassium. This ingredient is mixed with aspartame to produce sweet flavor in the carbonated drink. There are many variants of Pepsi Max, which include lemon and lime twist, ceasefire, lime, punch, coffee cino, cool lemon, chill, mojo, cherry, ginger, vanilla, raspberry, creamy soda, and mango. Pepsi Max is composed of acids, carbonated water, colors, sweeteners, preservatives, flavoring, and a source of phenylalanine. 330ml cane of Pepsi max is one serving.
Tooth loss is one of the significant problems of Pepsi Max. The tooth enamel is made up of mineral, which dissolves at 5.6 pH. The pH of cola drinks is between 2 and 3. The unbalanced consumption of carbonated drinks is associated with heart problems, kidney diseases, increase chances to develops metabolic syndromes and a significant increase in waist circumference. The aspartame, an artificial sweetener, is linked with mood alterations as it affects the release of dopamine, which is involved in our emotions.
- Diet Pepsi is a kind of carbonated drink that prepares with artificial sweeteners, whereas Pepsi Max is a sugar-free carbonated drink.
- Diet Pepsi originated in America; on the flip side, Pepsi Max originated in turkey, Australia, Italy, and Canada.
- Diet Pepsi, introduced in 1964, on the other hand, Pepsi Max, was launched in 1993.
- In Diet Pepsi, the sweet taste is developed by aspartame; conversely, in Pepsi Max, the aspartame is mixed with acesulfame potassium to produce sweet taste.
- Diet Pepsi has lower caffeine content, while Pepsi Max has higher caffeine content in its formulation.
- Diet Pepsi has more aspartame content in its formulation, while Pepsi Max has less aspartame content.
- Diet Pepsi is zero carbohydrate cola; on the other hand, Pepsi Max is zero sugar cola.
- Diet Pepsi is a zero-calorie carbonated drink, whereas Pepsi Max is a low-calorie carbonated drink.
- Diet Pepsi comes in different flavors like lime twist and lemon twist; conversely, the variants of Pepsi Max include ginger, vanilla, lime, and mango.
- Diet Pepsi is associated with weight gain and metabolic disorders, whereas Pepsi Max is associated with brain damage.
Diet Pepsi and Pepsi Max are both carbonated drinks. Diet Pepsi is a carbohydrate-free and calorie-free drink prepared with artificial sweeteners. Pepsi Max is sugar-free and low-calorie carbonated drink.