The differences between book and novel is A book could be anything ranging from fiction to non- fiction and Novel is necessarily a book on fiction. The difference between Book and Novel is when it comes to their meanings. All books are not novels but all novels are indeed books. The best way to understand the difference between a book and a novel is clarifying the terms individually.
|Definition||A book could be anything ranging from fiction to non-fiction.||Novel is necessarily a book on fiction|
|Content||Books can be stories, poetry, workbooks, etc.||Novels are only books that contain stories.|
|Writers||Novelist is a person who writes the novel. Sometimes, novelists are also called as writers.||Author is person who writes the book.|
|Subject||Novel is written to talk about a story from the start to end.||Book is written to discuss a matter or a subject.|
|Number of words||A novel has more than 40k words written in it.||Not specified|
What is a Book?
A book could be anything ranging from fiction to non-fiction. This term used to talk about any written material about the subjects studied by the students, a non-fiction work, a work of poetry, a novel, or written work on any discipline for that matter. Moreover, a writer of books is called an author of that book. Then, the purpose of a book is to explore the subject upon which the book is being written. It deals with the rudiments of that specific subject, explains the various principles underlying the rudiments, and finally, it aims at the successful completion. Books are also used to speak of a set of blank papers that are bound together for someone to write in. For instance, notebook and, exercise book. These books come with blank pages so that someone can use them for writing purpose.
What is a Novel?
While on the other hand Novel is a book on fiction. Moreover, a novel is a term that is used to refer only to a written content that contains a story described elaborately. Thus, it can be said that a novel is a subset of book. Novelist is a person who writes the novel. It is an interesting thing to note that sometimes a novelist is also called a writer. The purpose of writing novel is to tell a story. Autobiographies are also considered novels when they tells a story of the celebrity who writes it. Usually, an autobiography is considered as non-fiction because a real-life it talks about story of someone’s life. However, sometimes authors are tend to use fictive elements with autobiographical elements that is when autobiographies are considered as novels. In fact, they have a special term called an autobiographical novel. A novel has more than 40k words written in it. Usually 60k or more words.
Book vs. Novel
- A book could be anything ranging from fiction to non- fiction and Novel is necessarily a book on fiction.
- Novels can be called a subset of Books and, Books cannot be called a subset of Novels.
- All the Novels are Books, and all books are not novels.
- Book is used to speak of a set of blank pages that are bound together for someone to write in. For example, notebook and, exercise books.
- Books can be stories, poetry, workbooks, etc. while Novels are only books that contain stories.
- novelist is a person who writes the novel and author is person who writes the book. Sometimes, novelists are also called as writers.
- A novel is written to talk about a story from the start to the end while a book is written to discuss a matter or a matter.