Sweet potatoes are famous all over the world and have different types, shapes, and colors on which they can be explained. The main difference between the two categories that are being discussed is the first thing you observe, yes, the color. The main difference between them is that Orange sweet potato is the kind of sweet potato which is famous around the world since they are available in significant amounts and are harder in actual. White sweet potato is the one which is only frequently accessible in the United States and is soft in nature.
Orange Sweet Potato
This is the type of sweet potato which is famous around the world since they are available in significant amounts and can easily be found out because of their color. In the American language, they are known as yams. In reality, though, they are very different from the actual yam which is found in Asian and African regions. Although they are available in various colors, the most famous ones are the orange, the roots which they have can be eaten as a salad. They might look like the real potatoes but do not have any connection with them but just have the same color. These type of sweet potatoes require proper conditions to grow and are best produced in places where the temperature is below 24 degrees Celsius and get a lot of sunshine. Once they start building, only extreme conditions can stop the growth since they are farm friendly. Only particular insects can prevent their growth, and there is usually no requirement of pesticides for their production. They are perhaps the biggest source of vitamin A and is, therefore, beneficial for children who are in a growing age and want their bones to be stronger. The orange sweet potatoes are not that sweet as compared to other types and contain more beta-carotene in them. These are not mild and have a better range in cooking since they are harder and can be easily decorated. They not only have a hard inner surface, but the skin is stiff as well and gives a firm texture. They have a darker skin and require more time to be cooked in comparison to others.
White Sweet Potato
The white sweet potatoes themselves belong to the family of morning glory and are larger in size, thicker in texture and have roots along with them and have been used by people for eating purposes for a long time. They are not available as frequently as others, and that is the reason most people do not know much about them. They are the sweeter than other types and therefore can, not only be eaten as a proper meal but also utilized when serving dessert. They do not have that much nutrition but are a healthy source of carbohydrates and vitamins. If you look at the color, the skin is relatively darker and look just like an average potato, though it is very different from the skin of the orange sweet potato. They are not considered healthy for people who have diabetes since it has more sugar. They are softer in nature, so they are usually baked, because of their softness, most people cook them for kids who are of a small age so that they can gobble them. They are the second most eaten ones in the united states and are not available or grown in other parts of the world. It has a lesser amount of beta-carotene and has a flavor which is much milder than others. People who want to eat them usually prefer eating them with sweetness rather than salt since they are already much softer and easily to cook. It takes 50% less time to make them ready when compared to orange ones and also has a more delicate peel.
- Orange Sweet Potato is the type of sweet potato which is famous around the world while White Sweet Potato are the kind of sweet potato which is famous in the United States.
- The white sweet potato and the orange sweet potato are only different from each other because of the white and the orange colors of their outer surface.
- Orange Sweet Potato is produced in massive amounts all over the world while White Sweet Potato are not the readily available.
- It takes 50% less time to make white sweet potatoes as compared to orange ones and also have a softer peel.
- The Orange Sweet Potatoes are harder in nature while the White Sweet Potato is very soft in nature.
- Orange Sweet Potato is usually eaten during lunch and for bigger events while White Sweet Potatoes are mostly eaten as desserts and smaller events.
- The amount of beta-carotene is much higher in orange sweet potato as compared to the white sweet potato.
- There is much more nutrition value in the orange sweet potato as compared to the white sweet potato.
- The interior color of orange sweet potato is golden while the interior color of white sweet potato is yellow.