The main difference between Traveling and Travelling is that Traveling is the preferred spelling in British English, whereas Travelling is the preferred spelling in American English.
Traveling vs. Travelling
Traveling is to be out on a trip or a journey. On the other hand, travelling is also moving successfully away from the origin and hanging out. Traveling consists of single “L” in its spelling, whereas travelling consists of double “L” in its spelling, with both the words having the same meaning.
Traveling is the perfect spelling in the United States for making some journey or moving, typically in a constant or predictable way. In contrast, travelling is the perfect spelling in Europe for moving from place to place without any illness or impairment. The countries, which follow American English prefer the word “traveling” with single “l,” while the countries, which follow British English, prefer the word “travelling” with double “l.”
Traveling is favored in countries that choose the American language, including South America, the Caribbean, Japan, South Korea, Northern China, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Jodan, Iraq, and the Philippines, etc. In contrast, travelling is favored in countries that choose British language, including Europe, England, Scotland, Northern Ireland, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, Canada, Singapore, Malaysia, Hong Kong, India, and Pakistan, etc.
If your audience is a US resident or you are communicating with people living in America, you should choose “traveling.” On the flip side, if your audience is a European resident, or you are conversing with people who live in Canada and British, etc. then you should prefer using “travelling.”
What is Traveling?
Withstanding a journey is called traveling. Moving somewhere, typically of some length, is called traveling. Journey along a road or any region from one place to another place, from one country to another country, is called traveling.
Traveling is going out from one place to another using car, train, airplane, helicopter, or a ship, etc. The journey for an excursion and pleasure is called traveling. Traveling can be of any sort, including Business Travel, Solo Travel, Travel with friends, Family Travel, Travel with the group, Luxury Travel, or Adventure Travel, etc.
Traveling is the word used in the United States and in the countries, which follow American English. The countries, which use the word traveling are South America, the Philippines, Japan, South Korea, Northern China, Caribbean, Saudi Arabia, Jodan, Iraq, and Kuwait, etc.
Purpose of Traveling
The primary purpose of traveling is communication with people around the world, building social relationships, and capturing opportunities for growing and learning. Traveling provides us a chance to improve personal and social skills and to ascertain new cultures. It brings us close to ourselves and the people around us.
Benefits of Traveling
- It enhances communication and improves social skills.
- It helps with peace of mind.
- It helps you enhance your broadmindedness for improbability.
- It enlarges your limits.
- It boosts your confidence and gives you certainty for getting real-life education.
- Traveling can be very expensive, but there are ways if you want to save money and travel on a budget.
- Zacker and Mark are traveling to Jacob’s island to ensure their experiments on sea creatures.
What is Travelling?
Travelling is the word that can be used for sufficiently compact space to be used during a journey. The meanings of traveling and travelling are the same. Travelling also means going out on a journey, and moving from one region to another, typically of some length.
The only difference between traveling and travelling is the difference in their spellings and audience. Travelling is a word common in British English. The countries, which follow the British language, prefer using “travelling” over “traveling.”
Travelling is the word used mostly in countries like Europe, Singapore, Scotland, Northern Ireland, Malaysia, New Zealand, South Africa, Canada, Australia, Hong Kong, Pakistan, India, and England, etc. If you are communicating with people of these countries through any source like media, newspapers, or some public source, the word “travelling” is preferred to be used.
Travelling can be in many forms. It can be in the form of the weekend break, or the package holiday. Traveling can be in the form of a group tour, or the caravan, which simply means a road trip. Volunteer travelling, long term slow travelling, the gap year travelling, event travelling, business travelling, multi-day travelling, backpack travelling, and Adventure travelling are a few kinds of travelling.
- While my bold friend Lara enjoys travelling, her sweet mother sticks to home and keeps herself busy gardening the plants.
- I wanted to talk to my grandfather on some critical issues, but he was busy travelling.
- I think it was travelling 2 to 3 miles an hour.
- Traveling consists of single “L” in its spelling. On the other hand, travelling consists of double “L” in its spelling, without any alteration in their meanings.
- Traveling is commonly used in the United States, whereas travelling is commonly used in Europe.
- Traveling is a preferential word for practice and use in American English. On the flip side, travelling is preferred for usage in British English.
- American language following countries, use traveling for describing a journey. Conversely, British language following countries, use travelling for describing a journey.
- Traveling is used to communicate with the audience of the United States. In contrast, to communicate with the audience of Europe, travelling is used.
- The countries, which follow the word “traveling” are South America, the Philippines, Japan, South Korea, Northern China, Caribbean, Saudi Arabia, Jodan, Iraq, and Kuwait, etc. On the other hand, the countries, which follow the word “travelling” are Europe, Singapore, Scotland, Northern Ireland, Malaysia, New Zealand, South Africa, Canada, Australia, Hong Kong, Pakistan, India, and England, etc.
The primary difference between traveling and travelling is of their spellings. American English following countries uses traveling for a journey, whereas British English following countries use travelling for a journey.