Kilt and Skirt are the garments and considered to be the same. Both are the body coverings. They are used to cover the lower part of the body. Generally they are belted at the waist and flow down covering the legs portion usually extended up to the knees. As they don’t wrap around each leg so they are quite comfortable for movements of legs. They appear like an umbrella covering the lower part of body. Kilt is reserved for men while skirt is attributed to women’s clothing. Skirt is more often worn as this dress belongs to women. In most of the parts of the world it is liked and worn. While kilt belongs to men but unlike to skirt, it is not worn in most parts of the world but in Scotish culture.
What is Kilt?
Kilt is a type of skirt worn by the men. It basically belongs to Scottish culture. It is stitched from the woolen cloth with plaid or tartan pattern with different colors. It is available in different colors signifying the man clan wearing the kilt.
What is Skirt?
Skirt is a garment covering the lower part of the body. It covers the upper legs from knees to the waist. It is mostly worn by the women and is attributed as women’s clothing. There are also miniskirts that are several inches above the knees. It is made with variety of clothes i.e. denim and leather. Length of the skirt and color of the skirt along with cloth depends upon of taste of wearer and the culture to whom wearer belongs to.
- Kilt is a type of Skirt.
- Skirt may be up to knees or several inches high but kilt is up to knee length strictly.
- Usually Kilt is made of woven wool and skirt has a tartan patterns.
- Kilt is reserved for men while skirt is attributed to women’s clothing.
- Both the skirt and kilt covers the lower part of body but kilt length is usually more than skirt.
- Skirt is more often worn as this dress belongs to women. In most of the parts of the world it is liked and worn. While kilt belongs to men but unlike to skirt, it is not worn in most parts of the world but in Scotish culture.
- A skirt can be short (mini), knee length (midi) or long (maxi) and made of any material with any pattern. Skirts are generally made for women and girls not for men or boys.
- Kilts are the only things that usually look okay with a sporran. Skirts and dresses, not so much.