The main difference between the Eastern Culture and Western Culture is that Eastern Culture is somewhat conservative, more traditional, have typical norms and values, whereas Western Culture is open culture have broad sense, modern and adopted in the modern time.
Eastern Culture vs. Western Culture
Eastern Culture is traditional, which serves its people with diverse religions, languages, norms, and values, whereas western culture is modern, which practiced a few religions and not so engaged in typical traditions. Eastern culture is based on the authoritative leadership style, while western culture mostly follows the affiliative style of leadership. Eastern culture is somewhat informal; on the other side, western culture is formal in many aspects.
The peoples of eastern culture are more likely to be in the groups, make decisions by consulting other peoples, while peoples of western culture are individualistic that they make decisions on their own. Eastern peoples avoid the dispute and clash; on the flip side, western peoples are straightforward without caring about the conflict. Eastern culture respects the elders and takes care of them in old age, whereas western culture does not give much importance to their elders as they usually live in old homes.
The educational style of eastern culture is hardworking, and based on the struggle and creativity is also emerging; on the other hand, western education is more creativity-based and conceptual. Eastern culture is hierarchical; on the other side of the coin, western culture is equality-based. Eastern culture usually considered to be sharing and helping, whereas western culture usually commands selfish behavior in this sense.
Eastern culture peoples are less expressive as they do not express anger commonly; on the flip side of the coin, western culture peoples are expressive as they express their anger straightforwardly. Eastern culture is silence oriented in many aspects, while western culture is noise oriented.
What is Eastern Culture?
Eastern culture is considered to be an umbrella-like, a term that includes many nations, countries, and social cultures. Eastern culture constitutes the Asian countries that are China, Japan, Russia, Korea, India, Saudi Arabia, Turkey, Pakistan, and related other territories. In eastern culture, the man is interconnected with nature and spiritually connected with the many Gods according to belief. Eastern culture is traditionally more religious in many ways that a lot of religions are practiced there.
The peoples of eastern culture are less expressive as they are less likely to show their expression, especially anger. Eastern peoples are more connected with each other, and they are dependent on each other. Eastern cultures are of wide diversity that they are more penetrating in the peoples throughout times. Some major cultures influence the cultures of other neighboring regions as well. Eastern peoples take care of their elders at their old age. Eastern culture peoples are more helping and sharing.
Some Major Eastern Cultures
Arabic Culture: The word “Arab” means “to invite someone for a meal,” The Arabs influence peoples in such a way that their language, politeness, and enrichment is served there.
Chinese Culture: This culture dates back to about thousands of years ago to become one of the oldest cultures. Buddhism and Taoism are the major religions of China. Chinese are more prospering, hospitable, and well-behaved nation influences East Asia by their diversity.
Indo-Pak Culture: Indo-Pak culture is also one of the oldest historical cultures, which is penetrated in various religions, norms, and values. The peoples are somewhat conservative like typical easterners.
What is Western Culture?
Western culture includes America, Australia, Europe, and New Zealand. This culture is developing for a long time and has established to well-developed one. Western culture is flexible; therefore, it has changed from time to time according to needs and preferences. Western culture is not traditional, with its values and traditions. It usually allows independency to peoples. Western culture follows a few religions that are Christianity, Buddhism, Islam, and Judaism.
Western culture has entrepreneurship and creativity towards the fast development. Western culture follows the linear development that they can even change their norms and values in place of development. Western culture peoples usually are more expressive and straightforward as they express their feelings and anger straightforwardly.
Western culture has educational styles that are more creative and conceptual. Western peoples are independent and make their own decisions without consulting others. They think more about themselves than others. Western culture is equality-based, not hierarchical. Western culture has a broad sense of performing. Western culture does not pay attention to elders as they live in old homes instead of with them. Western culture peoples are considered to be selfish as they do not share with others.
Western peoples usually speak openly and express ideas more effectively. Western culture is more likely to be externally controlled than internal self-control.
- Eastern culture is traditional, follow some typical traditions, surrounded by the values and norms, whereas western culture is modern and developed.
- Eastern culture practiced a lot of religions, while western culture practiced limited and few religions.
- Eastern culture is more diverse and has a historical background, whereas western culture is modern and not diverse.
- Eastern culture is less expressive of their feelings; on the other hand, western culture is more expressive and straightforward in the expression of anger, especially.
- Eastern culture is usually based on the following of leadership and groups; on the flip side, western culture does not base on leadership as they are more individualistic.
- Eastern culture is hierarchical; on the other side of the coin, western culture is equality-based.
- Eastern culture peoples are more respectful of their elders and take care of them at old age, whereas western culture peoples do not give attention to their elders as they live in old homes.
- Eastern culture has an educational system that is based on hard work and struggle, while western culture is creative and concept based.
- Eastern culture peoples make their decisions by consulting with parents, elders, and other peoples; on the other hand, western culture peoples make decisions on their own.
- Eastern culture is interdependent; on the flip side of the coin, western culture is independent.
Eastern culture follows traditions, practiced many religions, has a hardworking educational system, and less expressive, whereas western culture is modern, broad sensed, practice a few religions, creative educational system, and more expressive.