Apple iPhone 5 and 5s, both have lot of differences. The main difference between iPhone 5 and 5s is that iPhone 5s has the feature of touch ID fingerprint identity sensor while this option is not available in iPhone 5. This enables the users if iPhone 5s to place their finger on ‘Home Button’ and unlock their iPhone. Your fingerprint can also approve purchases from iTunes or the App Store.
What is iPhone 5?
iPhone 5 is a 6th generation touchscreen smartphone of Apple that was launched after 1Phone 4s on September 20, 2012. As compare to predecessor models, major changes was introduced by Apple in iPhone 5. Fist there is an aluminum-based casing that was thinner and lighter as compare to previous models, a taller screen, the Apple A6 system-on-chip, LTE support, and Lighting, a new compact dock connector which replaces the 30-pin design used by previous iPhone models. This is the second Apple phone that comes with Sony made camera of 8 megapixel. This is available in two colors of white, and black. This include Apple A6 processor and compatible with various networks includes GSM, CDMA, 3G, EVDO, HSPA+, and LTE. Originally it was launched with iOS 6.0 and now it is can also support the latest iOS 8.3 that was released on April 8, 2015.
What is iPhone 5s?
Apple iPhone 5s is the 7th generation touchscreen smartphone of Apple that was released in September 10, 2013. It is the successor of iPhone 5. Apple iPhone 5s contains A7 and M7 chips. the 64-bit A7chip delivers fast CPU and graphics performance. And the M7 motion coprocessor handles specific tasks to make iPhone 5s power efficient. iPhone 5s supports fast LTE bands around the world. Many features were included by Apple in iPhone 5s that were lacking in iPhone 5. One of the main distinct feature that was integrated in iPhone 5s was Touch ID fingerprint identify sensor. This Touch ID fingerprint identity sensor enables the iPhone 5s users to place their finger on the ‘Home Button’ and just like that iPhone unlocks. Fingerprint of user can also be used as approval for purchases form iTunes or App Store. It is compatible with various networks includes GSM, CDMA, 3G, EVDO, HSPA+, and LTE. Originally it was launched with iOS 7.0 and now it is can also support the latest iOS 8.3 that was released on April 8, 2015.
- Apple iPhone 5 is a 6th generation touchscreen smartphone of Apple while iPhone 5s is a 7th generation smartphone.
- iPhone 5 has Apple A6 system on chip while iPhone 5s has Apple A7, and Apple M7 motion coprocessor on chip.
- iPhone 5 has 1.3 GHz dual core CPU while iPhone 5s has 1.3 GHz dual-core Apple Cyclone CPU.
- iPhone 5s has the feature of touch ID fingerprint identity sensor while this option is not available in iPhone 5.
- iPhone 5 was originally launched with iOS 6.0 while iPhone 5s was originally launched with 7.0 iOS. However, both models supports the currently released iOS 8.3.
- iPhone 5 is available in white and black color while iPhone 5s is available in space gray, gold, and silver color.