The main difference between Attraction and Lust is that Attraction is a striking fondness or interest, whereas Lust is a passion or an intense longing.
Attraction vs. Lust
The attraction is a strong liking for someone or something, whereas lust is boundless, and uncontrollable yearning or craving. The attraction is a natural feeling and can be considered essential for successful romantic relationships. In contrast, lust is deliberated ethically wrong.
The attraction has a positive connotation, or it conveys a positive sense. Conversely, lust has a negative connotation, or it conveys a negative sense. The attraction is a sincere relationship with your partner, whereas lust is only about sexual activities.
When you are attracted by someone, you want to spend quality time with him. In contrast, when you are lusting, you would like better to keep the relationship at the imaginary level, and would not desire to discuss factual things. In attraction, you are lost in conversation and neglect the hours passing by. On the other hand, in lust, you are only focused on a person’s looks and body, and not interested in a conversation.
Attraction makes a person do things that please his partner and make him strive to be a better person. Conversely, lust is not about pleasing each other or sharing each other’s sorrows and happiness, but only involvement in physical pleasures. The attraction is natural, but lust is a psychological problem.
When you are attracted to someone, you want to be around him every time. Conversely, when a person is lusting, he feels a sense of discomfort and disdain after the company with his partner. Attraction or love is an emotional connection. On the flip side, lust is purely a physical connection.
What is the Attraction?
A feeling of yearning to be with someone, to share your happiness and sorrow with someone, or to feel emotionally connected is called attraction. In attraction, a person wants to listen to his partner’s needs, and their relationship is not just about being physical. A person in love or attraction wants to meet his partner’s friends and the people related to his partner.
The attraction is enrooted in delayed gratification, which means that it takes time and increases day by day slowly and steadily. The attraction is a marathon, which gives a person a bliss of acceptance. The attraction is letting your guards down to the person you love and granting access to your partner to those areas of your life that you don’t even want to visit.
The attraction is trusting your partner with your uncertainties and expectations, sharing stories of embarrassment and pride, hopefulness and disappointment, and letting yourself known to the person you love. The attraction is rooted in deep obligation and patience.
The attraction is enrooted in attachment and strong bonding that proliferates over time. Attraction feels like aspiration and need for affection with various factors like genetic, societal, traditional, and psychological factors that regulate its development.
The attraction is not possessive or bodily-dependent. In love or attraction, you are ready to let your partner go far away from you if that way is better for him. When a person’s well being and happiness becomes more relevant to you than your desires, then it is called love or attraction.
What is Lust?
Powerful nostalgia for sexual gratification is called lust. The extreme sexual craving fueled up by physical connection is lust.
Lust is only about satisfying your physical pleasures. A lusting person is not concerned about the well-being or happiness of his partner. In lust, a person does not want to spend quality time with his partner, to listen to his needs, to meet his partner’s beloved friends or family, or to have intimate conversations.
Lust is deep-rooted in instantaneous comfort. It is a sudden and immediate feeling of extreme desire that is not eternal or long-lasting. Lust is a state of mind that only concentrates on body parts, seduction, power, fiction, and eagerness.
In a lusting relationship, a person is not trusting his partner with fears or hopes, neither letting himself known to his so-called love. Lust is ephemeral, which decreases day by day slowly and steadily, and fades over time. Lust is like a roller-coaster of emotions, or a whirlwind of strong desires of physical connection and pleasures, motivated by biological forces and triggered by our reward center.
Lust is being possessive or bodily-dependent so that physical pleasures can be fulfilled. Many religions have declared lust as morally inappropriate, that leads to sins. Lust must not be confused with passion or sexual attraction. If there is uncontrollable desire regardless of consequences leading to harmful actions, then it is called lust.
- The attraction is defined as an act of supremacy that arouses interest in someone or liking someone or something fervently; on the other hand, lust is an intense feeling, emotion, or craving for sexual activity.
- Attraction refers to positive meanings of love; on the flip side, lust refers to negative meanings of physical obsession.
- Attraction or love is a marathon that is the essence of every religion. Conversely, lust is prohibited in many religions as it is a deadly sin and morally wrong.
- The attraction is under control with consequences and results in mind, whereas lust is an uncontrollable desire without having consequences in mind.
- The attraction is more about the happiness of your partner; on the other hand, lust is merely your personal enjoyment without any concern for your partner’s well being.
- Attraction can be with living as well as non-living things like design, or architecture, etc. In contrast, lust is only fulfilled by the human body.
- Attraction sees many characteristics other than physical appearances like intelligence, qualities, and character traits. On the flip side, the only concern in lust is a person’s body and looks.
- In attraction, you are eager to spend quality time with your partner, have intimate conversations, share stories of shame and pride, trust with fears and hopes, and let your guards down for each other. In contrast, lust only deals with body parts, seduction, imagination, and enthusiasm.
- In attraction, you like discussing things in reality; on the other side, a lusting person avoids reality.
The attraction is a deep eternal emotional connection having positive meanings, whereas lust is a superficial, ephemeral physical connection having negative meanings. The attraction is related to the happiness of your partner, while lust is related to your personal enjoyment.